Pages

February 13, 2011

Clearly For You

I cased this idea from Mary Fish. She had a monochromatic scheme in Old Olive. I wanted to try this color scheme & use the inlaid embossing technique. I Stamped the various images from Clearly for You in tempting turquoise, punched out with the 1 1/4 square punch & inked the edges in Concord Crush. I adhered the sqaures to a Concord Crush panel & ran through the Big Shot in the square lattice embossing folder. I used tempting turquoise for the base card.


3 comments:

  1. I love this card! I am a new demonstrator, and didn't have all of the supplies for this card, but I made it using Pear Pizzazz instead of the Tempting Turquoise, and I used "For All You Do" stamp set, which came in my starter kit, and "Delicate Dots" stamping wheel for my in-between squares, and it came out looking beautiful! Since I'm new, and learning all these "cool" techniques, I never thought of using the embosser this way. I love the way it makes the design look like a quilt! Thanks so much for your inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for your comment Gwen. I would love to see your card. Leave your splitcoast or stampin connection gallery link. Thanks for interest. I am thrilled you were inspired by my card.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi again! I'll have to figure out how to upload pictures...I usually just have my husband do that for me, but I guess it's time to learn to do it myself! Once I do that, I'll leave you the link.

    ReplyDelete