Pages

March 8, 2011

Blender Pen Watercolor



I made this cute 3 x 3 card holder in a snap with the scallop envelope die from Stampin' Up! I tried a new to me technique for this set. I stamped with my free sale-a-bration sets in various collors, then went over them with a blender pen. This is a quick easy way to get the watercolor look. I even did it with the sentiments to give a fun whimsical look. Hard to see in the picture but the butterflys have dazzling diamond wings.

Stamps: So Happy for You, Sweet Summer
Ink: Concord Crush, Cherry Cobbler, Pear Pizazz, Peach Parfait
Paper, Cherry Cobbler, Whisper White
Accessories: White organza ribbon, dazzling diamonds, scallop label die, blender pen

Rubber Inkspirations Tips:
  • Use blender pen to smudge, soften, the color by pulling the color inside the image. Blend one color at a time. 
  • Clean blender pen tip by scribbling on scrap paper before moving to a new color.
  • Stamp flower heads first to get your spacing correct.

No comments:

Post a Comment