Pages

April 17, 2011

Roses for you - PPA89

It has been awhile since my last post. I am trying to find my Mojo. Not too sure about  this card. I had some issues with the leaves. After I added the small leaves I thought, this looks like a pansy. I thought about adding some more leaves then thought I better quit while I was ahead. The roses are made using the scallop circle punches & then cutting in a spiral to Quill them up into roses. I have seen these on several blogs and not sure who the originator is.

Rubber Inkspiration Tips:
  • Adjust the size of the rose by using different size scallop circles to start with.
  • Rose size can be adjusted by how tight or loose the quill is made.
  • Break down fibres in paper with bone folder prior to cutting into spiral to make paper more pliable & easier to quill.
  • Sponge the edge of the spiral (front & back) before assembly to add dimension.
  • I used tombo mutli glue - this is the best for this type of project, it bonds quickly & holds really well.
Supplies
Stamps: Four Frames
Ink: Black Staz On, Regal Rose, Rose Red, Pretty in Pink , Pear Pizazz, Old Olive
Paper: Regal Rose, Blushing Bride, Old Olive, Crumb Cake, Early Espresso, White Glossy
Accessories: Tulip Frame & Polka dot embossing folders, decorative label punch, old olive satin ribbon, dazzling diamonds

2 comments:

  1. Your card is sweet, simple, and beautiful! Thanks so much for joining us at PPA this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty Wanda! I love those roses.

    ReplyDelete